- Media & Press
- 2012 Conference
- Presenter & Performer Bios
You can REGISTER for the CONFERENCE NOW!!!!
Early Bird: now through June 1
Individual: $60 | Group: 5 people for $48 each [$240 total]
Regular: June 2 to July 25
Individual $80 | Group: 5 people for $64 each [$320 total]
Late: July 26 – August 17
$100 across the board. [ppst Register Early!]
You can APPLY FOR A REGISTRATION SCHOLARSHIP
[by June 20, assessed in order of application so please don’t delay — details here]
You can APPLY FOR A TRAVEL & LODGING SCHOLARSHIP
[by June 20, based on need, assessed in order of application so please apply as soon as you are able — details here]
The Femme Conference cannot guarantee scholarships; scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis as funds become available. Recipients will be notified no later than July 15th.
You can get discounted hotel rooms at the Collonade Hotel using this link.
The Femme Conference is truly a labor of love, organized entirely by a volunteer coalition of femmes and femme allies for femme and femme-allied communities. Every aspect, from the cost of the venue to the name tag you will receive at the door, is supported by a combination of talented volunteers, generous individual donations, and tickets purchased by conference participants. We have attempted to reflect in the ticket prices our commitment to making the Femme Conference affordable and accessible to all femmes and allies. We also want to make explicit that every dollar spent on a ticket goes back into making the conference a fabulous and affirming experience – whether that is by paying for the lighting that makes our performers and speakers sparkle, or by offering scholarships to femmes and allies with less access to financial resources. If there is anything left over at the end, it will go toward funding future Femme Conferences. Even though it is certainly important to be able to recuperate what we spend to create the Femme Conference, we want to emphasize that the value of this space goes well beyond its cost.
Femmes and allies who find the cost of a ticket to be a challenge are encouraged to apply for scholarship funds to cover 50%, 75%, or 100% of a ticket. It is extremely important to us that femmes and allies of all socioeconomic backgrounds are present, since we are interested in the intersections of femme identity with multiple other identities, and this creates opportunities for richer workshop discussions and social/networking connections for all participants. We feel that our scholarship and “no one turned away” policies benefit the entire conference, and hope to have a high level of participation in the scholarship program. We welcome those who are able to make individual donations to support our scholarship fund, as well.
We recognize that a national conference brings with it a level of travel and housing cost that may be particularly challenging for folks coming from farther distances. We encourage you to explore ways in which we might be able to support bringing as many femmes and allies to Baltimore as we can. You can throw a house party or use the rideshare and housing share boards to help you.
Volunteering at FemmeCon:
**Volunteer application coming soon ** Contact volunteer [at] femme2012 [dot] com
Volunteering at the Femme Conference is an opportunity to contribute to creating femme-affirming space, and is also a great way to get to know other femmes and allies. Volunteering is a fantastic option for someone who has never been to FemmeCon before to quickly meet lots of folks!
Additionally, volunteers are recognized with a discounted registration ticket, at several levels:
- ** Volunteer 12 hours for a 100% discount
- ** Volunteer 8 hours for a 75% discount
- ** Volunteer 4 hours for a 50% discount
No One Turned Away:
In addition to the options available for discounted ticket prices (scholarships and volunteering), the Femme Conference also operates with a “no one turned away” for lack of funds policy. While specific ticket prices are *strongly* encouraged here, and many options for financial assistance exist, we will not turn anyone away from the conference for lack of a pre-registered ticket or adequate funds to cover a ticket. We encourage all participants to pay as you are able, and we welcome any questions or concerns about the cost of attending, as well as donations to support our scholarship fund, please contact us via email: registration (at) femme2012 (dot) com
***Live At Femme2012***
- What an intense, gorgeous, ferocious, inspiring, hot, sassy, teaching weekend! Huge thanks to everyone who attended & made FemmeCon possible 12:35:30 AM August 20, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- About to live stream Bryn Kelly's talk! #femme2012 02:33:52 PM August 19, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Spotted: one trillion femmes at One World cafe. Femme takeover 2012! 04:56:31 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Livestream of nomy lamm's keynore starts at 1p EST: http://t.co/5R6mBuFD #femme2012 04:42:43 PM August 17, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Registration starts in half an hour, ahhh! Happy FemmeCon! 12:39:17 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@morganirene Yes, you can transfer your registration to a friend! :) Just email email@example.com to arrange it 12:47:29 AM August 16, 2012 from web in reply to morganirene ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Indyreader: We'll be covering The Femme Conference all weekend long! Also watch their livestream @ http://t.co/agdeC596 or keep upd ... 10:21:32 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @riflesforlegs: really really really really really jazzed about #femme2012 !!! 10:21:17 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keynote livestream sched (all EST): Nomy Lamm 8/17 1p, Pratibha Parmar 8/18 1p, Bryn Kelly 8/19 10:30a, & Geppetta+Jessica Blinkhorn 8/19 1p 09:35:24 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@GlitterFemme registration will go all weekend -- come whenever and as soon as you can! 09:20:13 PM August 15, 2012 from web in reply to GlitterFemme ReplyRetweetFavorite
Conference Details:9:00am Aug 17 - 6:00pm Aug 19, 2012. Baltimore, MD