- Media & Press
- 2012 Conference
- Presenter & Performer Bios
Contact Performance via email at: performance [at] femme2012 [dot] com. Submit a performance proposal here.
Since 2003, The Lady Ms. Vagina Jenkins has been wowing audiences with her sexually charged classic striptease. This Queen of Queer Burlesque has graced stages from London, England to Paris, Kentucky. Ms. Jenkins is so electric she’s the very reason the lights went down in Georgia. She puts the Gee! In LGBT and is the sexiest thing to ever go bump in your night! This is her 2nd time working on the Performance Committee for Femme Conference and she is super crunk to help showcase amazing performance artists from all sorts of femme communities.
The Lady Ms. Vagina Jenkins has been called “Atlanta’s Best Burlesque Dancer”, has been part of the production team for Mondo Homo Queer Arts and Music festival since its inception, and is currently at work learning to make gigantic showgirl style feather headdresses from her new Los Angeles home. Be sure and check www.VaginaJenkins.com for more vagiant happenings!
Ms. Cherry Galette serves up a nice thick slice of tasty, glam, raw, gritty, old world Latin cabaret and golden era belly dance meets Oakland streets, sweaty sheets and jungle beats to create saucy, fun and soulful cabaret and burlesque for audiences in the Bay Area and beyond. She has has captivated, delighted, roused and stunned audiences on stages across the Americas including La UNEAC, Teatro el Sotano (La Habana, Cuba), Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse, Tipitina’s, One Eyed Jack’s (New Orleans), Palace of Fine Arts, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, Brava Theater (SF), Buddies in Bad Times Theater (Toronto), Juste Por Rire, Le Club Cleopatre (Montreal), Columbia City Theater, The Triple Door (Seattle), Bronx Academy of Art and Dance, The Knitting Factory, Bowery Poetry Club, WOW (New York), over 25 universities including Brown, Swarthmore, Oberlin, Amherst, Smith, Reed, Georgetown, Berkeley, Mt. Holyoke, Humboldt State University, as well as burlesque stages in cities all over North America. Ms. Galette has danced with some of the Bay Area’s most noted dance ensembles, including Hot Pink Feathers and the legendary Shabnam. Over the past 6 years, she has produced and curated more than 75 uniquely articulated productions for audiences across North America as both solo producer, and as Co-Director of Mangos With Chili, North America’s only traveling queer people of color cabaret. She is proud to have been an Oakland Tribune covergirl, and has also been featured in Oakland Local, Bitch, Make/Shift, San Francisco Bay Guardian, the SF Chronicle, and other independent media across the US. Cherry was raised by a family of legendary music makers, performers and innovators who centered song and dance as tools for transmitting hope, history, revolt, and the ability transform and lift heavy hearts. She is proud to continue her family’s work by giving audiences quality dance and burlesque performance based in roots of resistance, tradition, and inherited movement and musical legacy. For info on recent projects, please visit www.mscherrygalette.com. Cherry has helped shape the Femme Conference for several years, serving as Performance Chair in 2008, and on the Performance Committee in subsequent years.
Tanisha Johnson aka Monet Magnolia has been driving audiences wild with authentic burlesque striptease since 2008, but has been a drag performer out of the womb. Understanding the sexuality and balance of burlesque, this performer brings strikingly different characters to the stage. Monet Magnolia is a sultry songbird, but Magnolia’s curves and shakes as she peels will make you holler for more. Employing fans and incorporating different dance styles, Monet Magnolia’s performances are a theatrical threat for the eyes and ears.
Coco Monroe – Baltimore Liason COCO MONROE is a mix of cultures, races, and places. Sex-positive, cause-driven, art loving, tree huggin’ southern gal. You can take the girl out of the south but can’t take the south out of the girl.
***Live At Femme2012***
- What an intense, gorgeous, ferocious, inspiring, hot, sassy, teaching weekend! Huge thanks to everyone who attended & made FemmeCon possible 12:35:30 AM August 20, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- About to live stream Bryn Kelly's talk! #femme2012 02:33:52 PM August 19, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Spotted: one trillion femmes at One World cafe. Femme takeover 2012! 04:56:31 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Livestream of nomy lamm's keynore starts at 1p EST: http://t.co/5R6mBuFD #femme2012 04:42:43 PM August 17, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Registration starts in half an hour, ahhh! Happy FemmeCon! 12:39:17 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@morganirene Yes, you can transfer your registration to a friend! :) Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange it 12:47:29 AM August 16, 2012 from web in reply to morganirene ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Indyreader: We'll be covering The Femme Conference all weekend long! Also watch their livestream @ http://t.co/agdeC596 or keep upd ... 10:21:32 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @riflesforlegs: really really really really really jazzed about #femme2012 !!! 10:21:17 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keynote livestream sched (all EST): Nomy Lamm 8/17 1p, Pratibha Parmar 8/18 1p, Bryn Kelly 8/19 10:30a, & Geppetta+Jessica Blinkhorn 8/19 1p 09:35:24 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@GlitterFemme registration will go all weekend -- come whenever and as soon as you can! 09:20:13 PM August 15, 2012 from web in reply to GlitterFemme ReplyRetweetFavorite
Conference Details:9:00am Aug 17 - 6:00pm Aug 19, 2012. Baltimore, MD