- Media & Press
- 2012 Conference
- Presenter & Performer Bios
FEMME CONFERENCE 2012 POINTS OF UNITY STATEMENT
The Femme Conference Points of Unity Statement is intended to make this event a supportive, non-threatening environment.
I. We enter this space with a commitment to mutual respect, mutual aid, anti-oppression, advocacy, conflict resolution, non-violence, direct democracy, and community building.
II. We respect everyone’s names, preferred gender pronouns, expressed identities, and experiences. We avoid making assumptions, promote mutual appreciation, and understand
that no one is required to share information about their identities or experience(s).
III. We support the empowerment of each person and strive to continually acknowledge the histories and structures of oppression that marginalize some and divide us all.
IV. We commit to making spaces as accessible as possible; physically, socially, and personally.
V. We do not engage in violence or threats.
VI. We obtain explicit consent for physical touch or using others’ belongings.
VII. We recognize that certain behavior can be triggering for individuals, such as trivializing or dismissing someone’s thoughts or experiences.
VIII. We commit to hearing each other and creating opportunities for all voices to be heard.
IX. We accept a shared responsibility where we hold ourselves and one another accountable to these agreements, without violence, judgment, or assumption of intent.
X. We encourage open minds and open hearts. We do not assume the intentions of others in order to foster a non-judgmental and accessible environment.
XI. We promote inclusive learning spaces. We encourage anyone who is feeling less than familiar with terminology, concepts, or context to ask questions in the spirit of personal growth.
Accessibility and Awareness Committee
The Awareness and Accessibility Committee is dedicated to promoting accessible, safe, inclusive spaces throughout this space. Committee members will be onsite at the conference and available to anyone who need assistance or support of any capacity. Committee members will be wearing clearly identifiable name tags and stationed at registration during the conference in case of any issue that needs to be addressed arises.
In the event that a person is harmed or triggered by a situation or participant, or experiencing difficulty in any capacity, it is up to their discretion to bring it to the attention of Awareness and Accessibility Committee. We guarantee privacy and confidentiality in such an event and will do our best to honor the individual’s needs.
We respect confidentiality and protect all shared personal information. You can reach us at access [at] femme2012 [dot] com
***Live At Femme2012***
- What an intense, gorgeous, ferocious, inspiring, hot, sassy, teaching weekend! Huge thanks to everyone who attended & made FemmeCon possible 12:35:30 AM August 20, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- About to live stream Bryn Kelly's talk! #femme2012 02:33:52 PM August 19, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Spotted: one trillion femmes at One World cafe. Femme takeover 2012! 04:56:31 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Livestream of nomy lamm's keynore starts at 1p EST: http://t.co/5R6mBuFD #femme2012 04:42:43 PM August 17, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Registration starts in half an hour, ahhh! Happy FemmeCon! 12:39:17 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@morganirene Yes, you can transfer your registration to a friend! :) Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange it 12:47:29 AM August 16, 2012 from web in reply to morganirene ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Indyreader: We'll be covering The Femme Conference all weekend long! Also watch their livestream @ http://t.co/agdeC596 or keep upd ... 10:21:32 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @riflesforlegs: really really really really really jazzed about #femme2012 !!! 10:21:17 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keynote livestream sched (all EST): Nomy Lamm 8/17 1p, Pratibha Parmar 8/18 1p, Bryn Kelly 8/19 10:30a, & Geppetta+Jessica Blinkhorn 8/19 1p 09:35:24 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@GlitterFemme registration will go all weekend -- come whenever and as soon as you can! 09:20:13 PM August 15, 2012 from web in reply to GlitterFemme ReplyRetweetFavorite
Conference Details:9:00am Aug 17 - 6:00pm Aug 19, 2012. Baltimore, MD