- Media & Press
- 2012 Conference
- Presenter & Performer Bios
As you may have heard, FemmeCon will be offering FREE childcare during all programming times of the conference (9a – 5p, Friday, Saturday and Sunday). We believe that community support for parents/guardians/caretakers and children is crucial. Working together to support everyone’s rights and build intergenerational collective liberation is a radical act, not simply a “nice” thing. Like our Programming Chair, Cherry Poppins, said, “…kids are not just future active members of our community, they’re already part of our community!”
We absolutely could not have offered childcare this year without the Kidz City Baltimore Childcare Collective. The absolute best thing about Kidz City offering childcare during the conference is that they’ve actually put together a weekend of *programming* – like a mini-conference for the kids! Their programming, inspired by the Femme Shark Manifesto (swoon), is sea themed and they have put SO MUCH intention into it that I seriously considered flying in my nephew with me just for the experience he’d get to have.
If you’re attending FemmeCon and will be utilizing our childcare/children’s programming, please let us know if you didn’t when you registered. You can email KidzCitydirectly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re on the fence about bringing your kids or the kids in your life, I strongly encourage you to do so – it will be an amazing experience for everyone involved. If you’re not already registered, not to worry! You can register for the entire conference or just a portion of it; we have tickets available on an individual basis for our film festival, performances and keynotes. We also offer registration on a sliding scale at the door.
I can’t believe we’ll all be together in just 8 DAYS. I can’t wait to see you – and the children in your life – there!
In solidarity and excitement,
jen, femme 2012 co-chair
***Live At Femme2012***
- What an intense, gorgeous, ferocious, inspiring, hot, sassy, teaching weekend! Huge thanks to everyone who attended & made FemmeCon possible 12:35:30 AM August 20, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- About to live stream Bryn Kelly's talk! #femme2012 02:33:52 PM August 19, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Spotted: one trillion femmes at One World cafe. Femme takeover 2012! 04:56:31 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Livestream of nomy lamm's keynore starts at 1p EST: http://t.co/5R6mBuFD #femme2012 04:42:43 PM August 17, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Registration starts in half an hour, ahhh! Happy FemmeCon! 12:39:17 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@morganirene Yes, you can transfer your registration to a friend! :) Just email email@example.com to arrange it 12:47:29 AM August 16, 2012 from web in reply to morganirene ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Indyreader: We'll be covering The Femme Conference all weekend long! Also watch their livestream @ http://t.co/agdeC596 or keep upd ... 10:21:32 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @riflesforlegs: really really really really really jazzed about #femme2012 !!! 10:21:17 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keynote livestream sched (all EST): Nomy Lamm 8/17 1p, Pratibha Parmar 8/18 1p, Bryn Kelly 8/19 10:30a, & Geppetta+Jessica Blinkhorn 8/19 1p 09:35:24 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@GlitterFemme registration will go all weekend -- come whenever and as soon as you can! 09:20:13 PM August 15, 2012 from web in reply to GlitterFemme ReplyRetweetFavorite
Conference Details:9:00am Aug 17 - 6:00pm Aug 19, 2012. Baltimore, MD