- Media & Press
- 2012 Conference
- Presenter & Performer Bios
I can only speak for The Lady Ms. Vagina Jenkins’ experience. But performing at FemmeCon is always like coming home.
In my day to day performance art career, I deal with a lot of wierdness. I’m sure you all know what I’m talking about. Folks that feel that my name is a dirty word, working shows where cultural appropriation/theft is the norm, being surrounded by folks who hate their bodies (and probably hate yours too), dealing with racism, homophobia/transphobia and so much other ick it does start to wear on you.
For me, performing at Femme Conference has been a homecoming sure, but even moreso it’s been a place of healing and getting replenished/charged up.
I wonder if other performing femmes have this experience, this feeling of performing in front of audiences that love and support you. That GET you and wanna celebrate you and see you succeed?
I also wonder if this is what folks experience as Femme Con Workshop presenters, as visual artists, even as attendees? That feeling of rightness of a sort of energy exchange that leaves you feeling full up
I think it has a lot to do with past curators/Performance committees. (former performance committee chairs include Ms. Cherry Galette and Krista Smith). First and foremost FemmeCon performance curators have a long legacy of anti-oppressive/ radical curating. I’ve never seen performance at FemmeCon that made me feel violated /hurt. Tanisha, Coco and I hope we are continuing that legacy. We intend to bring you an eclectic smorgasbord of thought provoking performance that entertains, transforms and lifts y’all up. The Performance committee has curated with an eye for getting fresh faces onstage, showing a broad range of femme experience and showcasing work across the various performance genres.
We are working hard for you femmes. We want our 2 nights of performance to be more than a show. We want it to be stick-to-your-soul sustaining. We want to charge you up and inspire you. There’s a lot of work we femmes have to do in this world. Femme performers from around the world want to inspire you and stand with you. We’ll see y’all at the femme-ily reunion.
***Live At Femme2012***
- What an intense, gorgeous, ferocious, inspiring, hot, sassy, teaching weekend! Huge thanks to everyone who attended & made FemmeCon possible 12:35:30 AM August 20, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- About to live stream Bryn Kelly's talk! #femme2012 02:33:52 PM August 19, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Spotted: one trillion femmes at One World cafe. Femme takeover 2012! 04:56:31 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Livestream of nomy lamm's keynore starts at 1p EST: http://t.co/5R6mBuFD #femme2012 04:42:43 PM August 17, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Registration starts in half an hour, ahhh! Happy FemmeCon! 12:39:17 PM August 17, 2012 from Mobile Web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@morganirene Yes, you can transfer your registration to a friend! :) Just email email@example.com to arrange it 12:47:29 AM August 16, 2012 from web in reply to morganirene ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Indyreader: We'll be covering The Femme Conference all weekend long! Also watch their livestream @ http://t.co/agdeC596 or keep upd ... 10:21:32 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @riflesforlegs: really really really really really jazzed about #femme2012 !!! 10:21:17 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Keynote livestream sched (all EST): Nomy Lamm 8/17 1p, Pratibha Parmar 8/18 1p, Bryn Kelly 8/19 10:30a, & Geppetta+Jessica Blinkhorn 8/19 1p 09:35:24 PM August 15, 2012 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@GlitterFemme registration will go all weekend -- come whenever and as soon as you can! 09:20:13 PM August 15, 2012 from web in reply to GlitterFemme ReplyRetweetFavorite
Conference Details:9:00am Aug 17 - 6:00pm Aug 19, 2012. Baltimore, MD